Level 2 Hairdressing – Beginners course
The London Hairdressing Academy
The Level 2 NVQ in Hairdressing is the starting point for all aspiring hairdressers.
In order to achieve long-term success, it is important for our stylists to have the strongest educational foundation.
The course is divided into 9 Modules covering all of the units needed to provide you with a fast track to hairdressing success. You shall receive guidance and be mentored by your tutor during your work sessions; theory and practical assignments.
Tutors will assess your progress at regular intervals along with a personal appraisal at the end of each stage to ensure you are achieving your set learning goals required by The LHA.
Students will benefit from a variety of enrichment including in-class visits from top brands, days out to events such as salon international and in-class master classes.
We also arrange an annual 3-day trip to Wella Paris workshops for our learners to experience the differences between the hairdressing industry in the UK & Paris.
All learners for Level 2 and Level 3 are required to bring their kit to every class.
Learners can order their kits from The LHA which will be used in class, at home and to be used after graduating from the Diploma. Alternatively, kits can be bought from your own source.
See below for full kit list.
All students shall be completing the following modules:
1. Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
2. Cut hair using basic techniques
3. Style and finish hair
4. Set and dress hair
5. Change hair colour
6. Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
7. Advise and consult with clients
8. Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
9. Promote additional services or products to customers
(Note: Students must be at least 19 years of age to apply for this course through the Funding route. For your NVQ qualification, you will be formally assessed throughout your course and your knowledge will be tested throughout by exams, practicals, oral questioning and assignments).
Kit contents must consist of the following items:
1. Tail Comb
2. Cutting Comb
3. Paddle Brush
4. Round brushes – Small 25mm, Medium 43mm & Large 50mm
5. Hair dryer (with nozzle and diffuser)
6. Curling Tong
7. Hair Straightener
8. Section Clips
9. Scissors (5-inch scissors)
12. Cutting Collar
13. x 2 – Model Block Heads, at least 22-inch Hair length (real hair, not synthetic)
14. Tripod Floor stand for model heads (to be used in class and at home)
We offer our students a variety of payment plans for our Level 2 and Level 3 Hairdressing courses. Tuition fee can be paid for privately, funded or via the student loan company for Level 3 courses. Please refer to the information below for further details.
Private Tuition Fee
Learners who do not meet the funding requirements may still enrol on to our level 2 courses via private tuition fee. (Tuition fee does not include registration fee and kits)
Funding is available for all learners who meet the following criteria:
• Adult learners aged 19 and over.
• Either unemployed, receiving benefits, or earning no more than £17,000 (after tax) per anum.
• UK citizenship or British residency for a minimum of 3 years.
(Funding is for Tuition fee costs only (does not include kit and registration)
Both Funded and Private students are required to pay a registration fee before the course start date in order to be enrolled on to the programme and receive their uniforms. (Please note: registration fee’s do not include kits)